There are books that are so well written that we can not help but recommend them to everyone. They enrich the heart and mind and immerse you in new worlds. We will show you 15 of our favorite books.
Books open doors to new, exciting worlds. In this way, we get to know inspiring personalities or discover life stories that move us. Here are 15 of our favorite books. Of course, this assessment remains subjective, after all, there are countless books and it is always in the eye of the beholder, which are worth reading. Our list is for inspiration only.
1. Maya Angelou: “I know why the captured bird is singing”
2. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: “The Little Prince”
3. Max Frisch: “questionnaire”
4. Anne Frank: “Diary”
5. F. Scott Fitzgerald: “the Great Gatsby”
6. George Orwell: “1984”
7. Waris Dirie: “Desert Flower”
The book "Desert Flower" is the autobiography of Waris Dirie. As a young girl she lived as a nomad in Somalia. Only by a courageous escape she was able to escape the wedding with an elderly man. As a refugee she lived for a long time in the Somali embassy in London and was treated there like a slave. Her fate began to change as she met fashion photographer Terry Donaldson. The book "Desert Flower" tells Dirie's story much more detailed and moving than the film of the same name does and is therefore a clear reading recommendation.
8. Ernest Hemingway: “The old man and the sea”
9. JK Rowling: “Harry Potter”
10. Umberto Eco: “The Name of the Rose”
11. Erich maria Remarque: “Nothing new in the West”
12. Frank Schätzing: "The Swarm“
13. Margaret Atwood: “The Report of the Maid”
14. Lewis Carroll: “Alice in Wonderland”
15. Patricia Highsmith: "Two Strangers on the Train”