2020 Peace Motion Graphics Competition
The world today is facing complex and interconnected challenges that block the path toward peace. When each one of us chooses dialogue and cooperation over conflict and competition, we can all move closer to a peaceful world.
To raise awareness of the various themes of peace around the world and expand the culture of peace, the Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation is holding a motion graphics video competition. Choose a peace theme from the given list below and explore the topic and achievements of those who are working to further peace in that area. (Check out the Laureates section of our website to start your research!) Then showcase your artistic and technical skills to create a motion graphics video to share with the world what you have discovered.
Who can participate
- Anyone in the world
- As individual or team
- For teams, submit under team leader’s name
- Quantity: One individual or team work (Unpublished work)
- Creative work (Motion grahics video)
- *All work must be produced in English.
- 1)Africa’s development
- 2)Climate change
- 3)Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- 4)Food security
- 5)Religious harmony
- 6)Medical care
- 7)Refugee education
- Total prize money 13.8 million won (54 total works)
Division Price Grand Prize USD 5000 cash prize for 1 entry Semi-finalist USD 1000 cash prize for 3 entries Runner-up USD 300 cash prize for 20 entries Honorable mention USD 25 gift card prize for 30 entries
- *If there is no winner due to the lack of standards, the award size may change.
- Submission period: August 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
- Offline Judging: Early September
- Online Judging: Late September
- Announcement: October
How to submit
- Submit the following by email to email@example.com
- Your original motion graphics video file in a format uploadable in YouTube
- Signed Terms and Conditions form either as Word or PDF file (If submitting as team, each member of the team must sign the Terms and Conditions to be considered for the Competition.) (Download from website)
- Submission form filled out completely either as Word or PDF file (Download from website) Email subject line must be in the format: 2020 SPP Motion Graphics Competition – Individual or Team Leader Name.
- Offline Judging: Creativity and artistic expression, Depth of research on chosen theme, Appropriate depiction of research (image, graph, chart, etc.), Delivery of content to viewer, Overall quality and professionalism (no grammar mistakes for any text, incorrect representation of facts, etc.)
- Online Judging: Response on Sunhak Peace Prize social media channels (Like, Views)
- You must complete all required fields on the submission form and upload all required files and documentation.
- Submissions will only be accepted via email and will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
- Individual and team submissions are allowed. However, only one entry per individual, either as individual or as part of team, is allowed. When entering as a team, a team leader must be designated and will be the point of contact for communications.
- Submissions must not have been submitted to other competitions previously.
- Do not include your signature or any other personal identification symbol in your work.
- All work must be in English.
- Your submission may not be considered for the Competition if it does not satisfy all submission requirements and the terms and conditions laid out. If the content is determined to be unrelated to the chosen theme, it may be disqualified.
- Entrants guarantee that the submitted work is original and that they are the holders of the copyright and have the right to submit the work to the Competition. By entering the Competition, entrants grant Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, creative, derivative works in whole or in part, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Entrants are liable for any issues arising from use of images or videos of buildings or people in the submitted work.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org