- This section is meant to help global citizens to learn about global peace issues and take action.
- The Slide Presentations on diverse global peace issues are aimed at students of middle school age and up.
- Each Slide Presentation is designed to be covered in 60 minutes. The contents are based on recent statistical information from the United Nations and other international organizations.
- After the teacher gives the Slide Presentation referencing the teacher’s guide, the students can complete the worksheets to review and reflect on the lesson and present their own ideas on solving the issue dealt with in the lesson.
- The Slide Presentations are available in seven languages (Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Arabic).
Fostering Global Citizenship
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept of
global citizenship and its significance, as well as the issues that global citizens
should take interest in to help them cultivate global citizenship.
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept
of female genital mutilation (FGM), its prevalence and the various
efforts to eradicate it, while also helping them to recognize
it as a problem and be able to act in support of its eradication.
Zero HungerStrengthening Food Security
The purpose of this lesson is to introduce to the students the concept of food security,
its current situation and the efforts being made to solve the food crisis,
while encouraging them to think about ways they can participate in the efforts.
The purpose of this lesson is to inform the students about the
status of marine pollution and depletion of marine resources,
introduce efforts for a sustainable marine environment,
and encourage students to think about various ways they can help.
Right to be Cured
The purpose of this lesson is to raise the students’ awareness
about global health inequalities, introduce the efforts being made to
improve everyone’s right to medical treatment, and have them explore
ways to reduce health inequalities.